News

Lifestyle blogger killed by exploding cream dispenser

Aprominent French lifestyle blogger has died in a household accident after a whipped cream dispenser exploded.Rebecca Burger, 32, suffered a cardiac arrest after a piece of the exploding device struck her in the chest.Her death was announced via her Instagram account, where she had around 200,000 followers.A statement signed ‘the grieving family’ read: “It is with great sadness we announce the death of Rebecca who died June 18th in an accident in the home.”An Instagram post written in French shows a picture of a cream dispenser. “Here is an example of a siphon that exploded and crashed into Rebecca’s chest, causing her death,” the caption reads. “The siphon which caused her death was sealed. Don’t use this product in your homes! Tens of thousands of the faulty devices are already in circulation.”

 Rebecca Burger died after a whipped cream canister exploded and hit her in the chest
Rebecca Burger died after a whipped cream canister exploded and hit her in the chest

According to the BBC, in 2013 another person who’d been injured by an exploding cream dispenser told RTL radio: “I had six broken ribs, and my sternum was broken.

“At the hospital, I was told that if the shock and blast had been facing the heart, I would be dead now.

Women’s Best, a fitness store promoted by Burger, paid tribute to her in an Instagram post saying: “We are sorry to announce the sad news of losing this beautiful soul. Our French athlete Rebecca Burger passed away.

“Rebecca was not only a great fitness figure but a generous and kind person to work with. Please pray for her soul to rest in peace and for her family to stay strong.

“We will always be proud of you, Rebecca.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *