D.Y Patil University was established in the year 2002 in Navi, Mumbai. Padamshree Dr. D.Y Patil university established it so as to add the quality to the each and every superb of health services and higher learning. The objective of the university is to disseminate and impart knowledge to the students. It also aims to provide the various facilities for the development and for the research in the field of science & technology , health sciences , hospitality management, business management, liberal education , law, sports and teacher’s education.
- The name of the university was kept on the name of the brilliant and great educationist Padmashree Dr. D.Y Patil.
- The sponsor of the university is called as ‘D.Y. Patil education society.
- Various facilities are provided to the candidates so that they can enjoy fully in their campus. Te library is fully equipped and a large number of books are available for all courses for the students. Maintenance of the computer centre is also done and it does nit lag behind.
- The researchers are encouraged well of the various fields ( of medicals sciences) so that no problem is faced by the students while pursuing the degrees in the medical science field.
- The staffs of the university are quiet amazing and are above 10000 in number.
- There are about total 121 institutes which are doing their job totally well.
The D.Y Patil University has been ranked 2nd among the various medical colleges of India. It has also been ranked among the top 3 universities which are private of India with the total 5 stars as per the survey of pioneer newspaper.
There are various courses provided in the university and the fees for the courses per year are:
BBA (Bachelor of business administration) – 72000/-
B.E. ( Bachelor of engineering ) -24000/-
B.tech ( bachelor of technology ) – 177,500/-
- The companies which have frequently visited the D.Y Patil University for the placements are Infosys ,Nvidia , Microsoft , L & T InfoTech , Morgan Stanley , Tata counselling engineers ltd ,HCL technologies , canara bank and Mahindra satyam. A lot of students have been placed from the university and are performing well.
Funds have also been provided to the students so that they can accomplish their goal and can dream more bigly. D.Y Patil University wants the students to perform much better. Some of the projects are like :
- ‘ Evaluation of fetal Nuchal translucency in diagnosis of trisomy’
- ‘ To study deaf-mutism and various methods of rehabilitation in the children in Kolhapur district’
Various such other projects have been helped with the funds by the university.
Library – The total number of book are 13,233 and a lot of material is provided for studying for the students. References have also been kept so that they students can take help form them in their work
Conference hall – There are 1000 projects with the internet access.